Resource booking issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. When I try and book a resource either room or equipment. If there are conflicts the resource will decline my request.

The issue I am having is that even tho the request was declined this is still entered into my personal calendar.

Please can you assist me with configuring this so that if there are conflicts and the booking is denied to not have this entered into my personal calendar.

Thanks in advance.

Clients are Outlook 2010, server exchange 2007.

Monday, April 15, 2013 10:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    There is no setting that can be made to prevent Outlook to create the Appointment in the Calendar when a meeting request is sent. That is how it works.

The resolution here is to educate the users to start using the Scheduling Assistant when they creating meetings. It will tell the users if a resource is free or not. And if the resource is busy, there is no point in trying to book it, right?

Martina Miskovic

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Saturday, May 4, 2013 5:33 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I do understand what you are saying with regards to the scheduling assistant. Our end users will just book the room anyway even if there are conflicts.

So just to confirm there is no settings to not enter in personal calender when meetings are declined?

If not then I will educate our users.

Thanks again.

No such settings. Mailbox assistant works in resource mailbox side to autoaccept/decline the meeting request; it cannot prevent your user from adding meeting in their own calendar folder. It is the same when you invite someone but got denied.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    There is no setting that can be made to prevent Outlook to create the Appointment in the Calendar when a meeting request is sent. That is how it works.

The resolution here is to educate the users to start using the Scheduling Assistant when they creating meetings. It will tell the users if a resource is free or not. And if the resource is busy, there is no point in trying to book it, right?

Martina Miskovic

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:24 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I do understand what you are saying with regards to the scheduling assistant. Our end users will just book the room anyway even if there are conflicts.

So just to confirm there is no settings to not enter in personal calender when meetings are declined?

Thanks again.

• Edited by techsup1983 Monday, April 15, 2013 12:51 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 12:51 PM
  • So just to confirm there is no settings to not enter in personal calender when meetings are declined?

Correct!

Martina Miskovic

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:21 PM

Thanks again.

No such settings. Mailbox assistant works in resource mailbox side to autoaccept/decline the meeting request; it cannot prevent your user from adding meeting in their own calendar folder. It is the same when you invite someone but got denied.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:28 AM