Copy over of pages RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MOSS 2007.

We have been having issues with our server and have setup a new installation of MOSS 2007 on a new server.

I am copying over the document libraries using the Explorer view.

My problem is I have a number of pages that I want to copy over to the new installation but I am unable to use the explorer view in the pages.

I don't want to re-create the pages as there is quite a lot of data in them.

Does anyone have any idea how I can copy the pages to the new installation on the new server.

Thanks,

J.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, April 4, 2011 3:42 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, April 4, 2011 3:35 PM

Answers

• Have you tried saving the Pages library as a list template and including content? If you have a lot of content in the pages, this may not work b/c there is a restriction about how large the template can be, but its the easiest route to try. Once you create the list template, just save it locally from the site collection's list template gallery, then upload it into the list template gallery of your target site collection in the new farm. Once its there, you can create a new list using that template, and the contents of the original list should be included in it by default once its created.

If the library is too large, the other thing I've used in the past is a tool called SPIEFolder (http://spiefolder.codeplex.com/), which will create a .ZIP file archive of your library and allow you to import that archive into another location if you want. The thing about this tool is that you'll need administrative access to a SharePoint server in the farm in order to run it, and you may have to carefully read the instructions a bit too (I had to try a few different things before I got it to work). But it works fine with large libraries.

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, April 11, 2011 9:13 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:48 PM