Can't open IE 11 for users of my domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have prepared a windows 2012 server standard r2, acting as remote desktop server

At the beginning, all is ok but now (after some win updates ????), my users can't open IE 11

I have a blank page for 5-6 seconds and then ie 11 closes.

I have tested several tips :

- started with -extoff : can' start

- started as Administrator with domain Administror : It works but it's not a solution

- nothing in events browser (sometimes DCOM timeout with the CLSID of IE but not each time I try)

- creating a new local account : can't start

- adding membership of domains administrators for one of my users -> can't start

How can I fix this problem

Any ideas ?

I'm not really happy to reformat my server just for that problem

Best regards

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try this option whether it can resolve your issue.
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    2. Enter Windows features in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. In the Windows Features dialog box, clear the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then tap or click Yes in the dialog box that asks if you want to turn Internet Explorer 11 off.
    4. Turn Internet Explorer 11 back on by selecting the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then tapping or clicking OK.

More detail.
    What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:13 AM

All replies

• Might try them over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Try this option whether it can resolve your issue.
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    2. Enter Windows features in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. In the Windows Features dialog box, clear the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then tap or click Yes in the dialog box that asks if you want to turn Internet Explorer 11 off.
    4. Turn Internet Explorer 11 back on by selecting the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then tapping or clicking OK.

More detail.
    What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:13 AM