none
Custom Calendar to show Fiscal Months RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Project 2010 Standard.  My company operates on fiscal months rather than calendar months.  This means, for example, that the month of February 2013 was actually Monday, January 28 - Sunday, February 24; and March 2013 was actually Monday, February 28 - Sunday, March 31.  I need the ability to run a visual report (i.e. Baseline Work Report) that allows March to be the fiscal month Feb 28 - Mar 31, rather than the calendar month Mar 1 - Mar 31.  It would also be useful to have the resource usage view show me the fiscal months as well.  Is it possible to create a custom calendar that will allow me to see these fiscal months?

Thanks,

Shawn

Monday, October 7, 2013 5:17 PM

All replies

• Shawn --

No, unfortunately it is not possible to create a calendar in Microsoft Project 2010 that shows fiscal months.  Nor is it possible to create a fiscal months report in a Visual Report.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 7, 2013 5:23 PM
  • Shawn,

The best way to accomplish what you need is through a VBA macro although I understand it is possible to get some "standard" accounting month reports with Project Server (e.g. variations of the 4-4-5 sequence).

Several years ago I faced the same problem (i.e. needed modified 4-4-5 accounting month reports) so I wrote a macro specific to our company's needs.

John

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:05 PM