none
Online Recovery Point been running for 48 Hours + with 0 MB transferred RRS feed

• Question

• Something odd appears to be happening with our DPM setup in that it has been running an Online recovery point for over 48 hours now with 0 MB transferred.  This is the only job running too but can't see any way to troubleshoot as it hasn't technically 'failed' yet.

Should I just wait for the failure or is there something I can do to troubleshoot exactly what is happening?

A bit of information on our setup;

Server 2012 with SCDPM version 2012 R2 Version 4.2.1473.0.  We backup locally to HDD with some core services backup up to the cloud.  Most of my other groups seem to be backing up fine but the file server (which is one of the drives giving the issue above) also seems to have not done an online backup of another drive for almost a month.  The failure message on one of it's other drives is 'operation failed because of a protection agent failure) after running for 21 hours and transferring 4 GB.

Any thought or advice to troubleshoot this issue?

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:08 AM

All replies

• Weirdly it's now showing some data transferred (approx 6GB so far).  Why on earth would it take 48 hours to even begin transferring data?
    Monday, January 30, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

For volumes that have millions of files this can happen if a previous backup failed and we then go into un-optimized backup mode which basically has to verify all files on the volume.   Make sure you are running the latest MARS agent from here which is currently v2.0.9062.0 to be sure you have the latest agent fixes.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:48 PM