MS Outlook 2016 - Outlook crashes when sorting INBOX by the TO field (2nd Column from left) RRS feed

• Question

• Started a few months ago.  If I sort my INBOX by the TO field (2nd column from left), Outlook immediately crashes and then wants/needs to run a Repair.  I googled this and many people are having this issue. I disabled all Add-Ons and problem still exists.  All Office updates are current and I even tried to apply the KB fix suggested on some sites but system says it's already installed.  Very frustrating.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Timacula,

If we sort Inbox by From or Categories, will same issue occur?

In case it was related with corrupted view settings, we can run /cleanviews switch to test the result. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /cleanviews and then press Enter.

If issue persists, I'd like to recommend you create a new profile. To create a new profile, do the following:

1. In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles
    2. Choose Show Profiles > Add.
    3. In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile, and then choose OK.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, April 12, 2019 5:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:19 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:19 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:57 AM
  • Hi Timacula,

Any updates with this issue?

If you've found the fix, you can also share it here which will benefit other users a lot?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:09 AM
  • Hi Timacula,

Haven't heard an update from you. Can you sort emails now?

If the reply helps, you can mark as answer. If you need further assistance, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:04 AM