Re-Enable Windows firewall automatically. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

When I use Antivirus that have Firewall too then it Disable Windows Firewall and enable itself firewall, But I like to Re-Enable Windows firewall automatically when my Antivirus disable it. How can I do it?

Thank you.

Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the requirement, you may need some scripting suggestions.

You could contact Scripting Forum for further help:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=scripting

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alvwan Monday, October 31, 2016 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

It seems that the third-party Antivirus has taken over the management of the Firewalls. I think you need to disable the third-party firewall feature to let the built-in Windows Firewall enabled. You cannot have the two Firewall enabled at the same time. Please try to contact your third-party antivirus provider for such scenario settings and suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:34 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

It seems that the third-party Antivirus has taken over the management of the Firewalls. I think you need to disable the third-party firewall feature to let the built-in Windows Firewall enabled. You cannot have the two Firewall enabled at the same time. Please try to contact your third-party antivirus provider for such scenario settings and suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thank you but when I enable my windows firewall manually then my Antivirus Firewall became off. I like to know how can I do it automatically and not manually.

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding the requirement, you may need some scripting suggestions.

You could contact Scripting Forum for further help:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=scripting

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alvwan Monday, October 31, 2016 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:29 AM