none
DPM 2012 SP1 Perform Consistency Check Error 3104&3106 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have some errors on my VMs  backup, i checked the events and everytime i started consistency check and i found this error bellow and take a lot of time "4 to 7 hours with 0Mb":

• The replica for <DatasourceType><DatasourceName> is currently being synchronized with consistency check. A consistency check can be started automatically or manually. To configure automatic consistency check options, modify this protection group using the Modify Protection Group Wizard. To start a manual consistency check, in theProtection task area, in the Actions pane, click Perform Consistency Check.

• The replica of system protection computer\system protection on SERVER.example.com is inconsistent with the protected data source.  All protection activities for data source will fail until the replia is synchronized with consistency check.  You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. For Sharepoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent.  To backup inconsistent databases, run a conistency check on the farm.  (ID 3106)

Action i did:

1. Restart the host
    2. Restart a manual consistency check
    3. Re-registering VSS adn restart the host again
    4. Add force value on the registry
    5. restart and update the agent
    6. Checked the VSS list writers 

Please i need your help.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What are the details of the failed consistency check job ?

If you place the VM in a saved state - does the CC complete without errors ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:18 PM
  • The DPM service terminated unexpectedly during completion of the task. The decision may be due to a system restart. (ID: 910)

The editor application or VSS VSS Provider is in bad condition. He was already in a bad state or condition deteriorated during the current operation. (ID 30111 Details: VssError: Error detected in the instant provider when processing the specified command clichés. 
      (0x8004230f))

This backup task was doomed to failure because another task is the same data source. (ID 32519)

I didn't proced to CC in saved state, i will try it and come back to u

Thanks

Friday, May 30, 2014 10:20 AM
  • I stopped the VMs and started the  CC and it works now

Thanks for your help

• Marked as answer by TEKENSKY Sunday, June 1, 2014 11:42 AM
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 11:41 AM
  • Hi,

That tells me that the problem is most likely inside that guest when trying to take a vss snapshot.

If you cannot figure out why the snapshot fails, you can uncheck the option to use snapshot in the settings of that vm under integration components. Then schedule the backup after production hours so it doesn't interfere with users of that system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 1:56 PM
  • any other solution, still have the same problem
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:54 AM