none
IE browser title is different in two different environments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently while developing automation script for a web application I am facing a issue where the Internet explorer window title for the pop-up windows in CRM 2013 is different in two different machine.

In one, the window title is the web link which the pop - up opens. This machine the internet explorer pop - up windows doesn't have a address bar where we can change or edit the address.

in other, the window title is something totally different. In this machine the internet explorer pop - up windows have a address bar where we can change or edit the address.

I would like to know if there is any setting by which I can change the layout / browser UI for IE11. I just want to remove / add the address bar into the pop up pages from CRM 2013.

Not sure how the setting is changed in this second machine. Any help is appreciated.

Mav 

Note: Redirected from MSDN coded UI automation forum > Microsoft IE 11 forum > directly into technet
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi IamMaverick,

the File>Properties menu in IE will tell you which IE Security zone a web page domain is mapped to...

expected for CRM reports is Intranet... make sure both machines are mapping to the same IE security zone.... if the are different go.. tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Intranet sites and compare the settings that are on both machines... (normally this should be the same if they are using GPO configurations). Autodetect is the common option for the detection of intranet domains, but your system administrators may have a fixed list administered by GPO.

next

Determine that both machines are running IE11 and that they are using the same 'Emulation' mode (viz... back compatibility)

f12 displays the developer tool... on the Emulation tab, the current emulation mode, together with an explanation of how it was determined (eg. xua header, Enterprise Site Mode list, User Compatibility View List)...

expected Enterprise Mode site List (IE 8)

I expect on one machine, the user has placed the domain in their Compatibility View List. Go Tools>Compatibility View Settings and compare the settings between the machines....

expected: no (intranet) domains in the user Compatibility View List, "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" - checked, "Display Intranet sites in compatibility view" - you may have this checked if your company is not yet using Enterprise Site Mode Lists... consult with your system administrators to find out if they are using Enterprise Site Mode Lists.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi IamMaverick,

the File>Properties menu in IE will tell you which IE Security zone a web page domain is mapped to...

expected for CRM reports is Intranet... make sure both machines are mapping to the same IE security zone.... if the are different go.. tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Intranet sites and compare the settings that are on both machines... (normally this should be the same if they are using GPO configurations). Autodetect is the common option for the detection of intranet domains, but your system administrators may have a fixed list administered by GPO.

next

Determine that both machines are running IE11 and that they are using the same 'Emulation' mode (viz... back compatibility)

f12 displays the developer tool... on the Emulation tab, the current emulation mode, together with an explanation of how it was determined (eg. xua header, Enterprise Site Mode list, User Compatibility View List)...

expected Enterprise Mode site List (IE 8)

I expect on one machine, the user has placed the domain in their Compatibility View List. Go Tools>Compatibility View Settings and compare the settings between the machines....

expected: no (intranet) domains in the user Compatibility View List, "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" - checked, "Display Intranet sites in compatibility view" - you may have this checked if your company is not yet using Enterprise Site Mode Lists... consult with your system administrators to find out if they are using Enterprise Site Mode Lists.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:21 AM
  • As Rob mentioned, please try it.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:34 AM