Error messages to Clustered SQL server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running one SCCM 2012 sp1 cu2 primary site and also have a remote SQL 2008 R2 two node cluster which holds the SCCM database.

The SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER is displaying as critical each day, with Message ID: 1050 and the description is: Site Component Manager could not create the Configuration Manager Server Components' installation directory "E:\SMS_SCCMServer.local.net" on site system \\SQLServer01 or set the correct permissions on the directory.

It looks like these messages have appeared since the Backup Maintenance Task was set to backup the SQL database and the SQL Cluster has been failed over and is now pointing to SQLServer02, (the above folder does appear on SQLServer01, so it appears to have worked at some point but the person who set this up has now left the company)

My question really is; where is SCCM configured to setup E:\SMS_SCCMserver.local.net, or is it just looking for a drive with the most space for it on the SQL server, (I guess it has to place the backed up db locally on the SQL server and then I can copy it to the SCCM server)? Also is there any documentation I can check which points to configuring SCCM to backup a database on a remote SQL Cluster (which also works if it is failed over)? . I would have thought the folder above folder would be pointing to the SQL vip name, and then it wouldn't matter if it was failed over.

I would like to setup the Backup Maintenance properly and then get rid of these messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jaz

• Edited by JazK Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:29 PM patch is cu2
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:08 AM

Answers

All replies