Windows 7 network printing and print spooler stopping and can't be started RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 users and when they want to print to network printers on Windows Server 2003, they can't print. The print spooler is stopped and as soon as I start it, it stops. I have rebuild the Dell pc. It still keeps stopping the print spooler when I try to start the print spooler. The printer icons disappear. Please help.

Thank you.

Monday, December 20, 2010 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm that if all the Windows 7 computers encountered the same issue and if the computers with the other system versions have this issue.

First, you may refer to the following KB article for this issue:

The Print Spooler service may stop sending print jobs to a printer that uses the standard port monitor on a Windows Server 2003-based computer

If the issue persists, please go ahead and uninstall and re-install the existing drivers:

·         Remove printer driver

===============

1. Click the Start Button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on the printer and choose Remove Device.

3. Click the Start the Button, type APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

4. Try to uninstall all related printer software and utilities.

5. Restart the computer.

Please use the steps to install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.

If there is any problem encountered, please refer to the following link to check if it helps:

Windows 7 Network printing problems

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm that if all the Windows 7 computers encountered the same issue and if the computers with the other system versions have this issue.

First, you may refer to the following KB article for this issue:

The Print Spooler service may stop sending print jobs to a printer that uses the standard port monitor on a Windows Server 2003-based computer

If the issue persists, please go ahead and uninstall and re-install the existing drivers:

·         Remove printer driver

===============

1. Click the Start Button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on the printer and choose Remove Device.

3. Click the Start the Button, type APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

4. Try to uninstall all related printer software and utilities.

5. Restart the computer.

Please use the steps to install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.

If there is any problem encountered, please refer to the following link to check if it helps:

Windows 7 Network printing problems

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

How are you? I would appreciate it if you could drop me a note to let me know the status of the issue. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of further assistance.  :)

Regards,

Sabrina

Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Sabrina

Monday, December 27, 2010 2:24 AM