none
Upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise from Version 10.0 (Build 10240, AKA 2015 LTSB) to Something More Modern RRS feed

• Question

• I have three Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 or 2015 LTSB boxes that need to be placed on a more modern version of Windows 10 Enterprise.  I'd like to get them onto 2004/19041, but cannot get them to make the jump via Windows Update.

I tried the Windows 10 Update Assistant and have found that CPU, Memory, and Disk Space are all OK.  Red splatted is "Operating System: Contact your system administrator to upgrade Windows Server or Enterprise editions."

What should I try next?

Monday, June 22, 2020 5:39 PM

All replies

• LTSC upgrade to Enterprise edition, image upgrade is the only method, Windows Assistant can’t work on this scenario.

You need to get an Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 iso to make it, this image can be downloaded from VLSC or other place, but cannot be downloaded from Media Creation tool.

Upgrade steps:

1.get 2004 Enterprise iso

2.mount iso and click setup.exe

3.follow the guide to upgrade.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:16 AM
  • OK, that's what I've been getting close to concluding.  Where does one find out how these various upgrade paths work?  I've been Googling around and saw some hints that indicated that this might be the case, but others thought that other routes might work.  I never did find anything from Microsoft on this point.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:08 PM
  • This doc refer to something you interested

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    Friday, June 26, 2020 9:05 AM