none
Taks status is not getting update into reporting database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am updating Task Status (Custom Field) for a project through PWA, however the latest value not get update into the reporting database.

But if I open the same project from Project professional, just publish it, then the task status gets updated into the reporting database.

Please let me know the solution for this.

Friday, October 16, 2015 9:25 AM

Answers

• Abhijit PS --

Whenever you update the status of any task in any enterprise project, you must publish the changes before they will appear in the Reporting database.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 16, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• 1) what version of Project Server
    2) What table are you looking at ? 
    Friday, October 16, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Abhijit PS --

Whenever you update the status of any task in any enterprise project, you must publish the changes before they will appear in the Reporting database.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 16, 2015 12:38 PM
  • Hi,

The scenario that you are describing it the default behavior of the system. For any update in tasks after approval, the project needs plan needs to be published before it would get reflected to others for viewing else system would just keep it in resource and PM basket. After publishing only reporting tables get values. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Friday, October 16, 2015 8:33 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for replied.

Yes, I always publish the tasks after the changes. After Publishing the updated values are getting reflected into the Publish Database. However its not updating into the Reporting Database.

Please let me know the solution for this. 

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Usually once the Project is published, there is a background job that syncs the data in reporting tables. You can check your queue jobs from Server settings and see if related job has any pending sync or no. 

Regards,

Faizan.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:09 AM