none
Criteria group for employeeid range RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a criteria group for all our company emplyees that have employeeid  between 1 and 8999 + between 20000 sn 29999.

from what i have mahaged to find it should work with 2 range rules

"employeeid is [1-8999]"

"employeeid is [20000-29999]"

but this criteria does not return any users when i press view memebers.

how should i set the criteria so the users will be included ?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Answers

• In Synchronization engine you have now EmployeeID from Metaverse exported to EmployeeID in FIMService.

Invoke refresh schema on FIM MA, then change export attribute flow to NewEmployeeID, run full synchronization -> Export

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by octavmarius Monday, August 18, 2014 1:29 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi octavmarius.

I would start with creating new attribute in schema. EmployeeId attribute is not Integer attribute, so it accepts more than just number chars.

So create your own UserEmployeeID attribute in schema (Integer); add binding to User, change RCDCs to view this attribute instead of build-in EmployeeId and then you could do the following criteria:

(I've got DeletionStage custom attribute and it is integer, so I can do filters with '>' (more than) and '<' (less than))

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:58 PM
  • we have tried your sugestion but it does not work.

when we try to map the attribut it gives us an error because it cannot map a string to a number (we did not find "integer" in the list to select. we only found number).

Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Which version of FIM do you use if you don't have Integer in drop-down?
    Ok, which steps did you take?:

1. Created new attribute in schema ( in .../IdentityManagement/aspx/schema/AllAttributeDescriptions.aspx )
    2. Added suitable binding:
    3. Added the attribute to filter permission:
    4. Switched displayed EmployeeID in RCDC for user ( /IdentityManagement/aspx/customized/CustomizedObjects.aspx?type=ObjectVisualizationConfiguration&display=Object+Visualization+Configuration )
    5. Now you can create group with suitable filter.
      Note there are two EmployeeID - the red is default, I've created this marked in blue.

One image here as I cannot upload more than two :)

Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:50 AM
  • i have FIM 2010 R2

i tried again and managed to follow your instruction only until point 3 (Added the attribute to filter permission). after this i dont understand exactly your instructions.

can you please give more detail ?

also i forgot to mention that the "Employee ID" attribute from FIM is bind to the "Employee ID" attribute from Active Directory (and from your instruction i don't understand how do i connect the new FIM "Employee ID" attribute to the Active Directory attribute).

Thanks for all of your help,
    Marius

Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Hello,

At Step 4, you need to change the default form for User (Creation, Edition, Viewing). It's called RCDC in "FIM language". You will edit an xml file (Remember to do a backup before override them). See here for more detail: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee534918%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

You will need to do an IISRESET to view the changes in the portal.

To change the "binding" with Active directory (we call that attribut flow or mapping), you will need to go to the FIM synchronization engine. You change the flow in AD MA and FIM MA.

Regards,

Sylvain

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:11 PM
  • In Synchronization engine you have now EmployeeID from Metaverse exported to EmployeeID in FIMService.

Invoke refresh schema on FIM MA, then change export attribute flow to NewEmployeeID, run full synchronization -> Export

• Marked as answer by octavmarius Monday, August 18, 2014 1:29 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:07 PM