Skype - Resset Password link RRS feed

• Question

• I forgot my password. The email ID with which I created an account is shut down and all the emails routed to that email ID is routed to another email ID. But, I am not able to receive any code from the Skype to verify that account.

I even tried using I don't have any of <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">these <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="20" id="20">option</g></g> and provided all the required details. But, I received <g class="gr_ gr_30 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="30" id="30">email</g> that Skype team is not satisfied with the details.

I am not sure how to recover my account. It is a pathetic trouble.

I am not sure why Skype team is not sending me the link to my other email account.

Please help.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:20 AM

All replies

• If this is Skype for Business, you'll need to contact your Office 365 or IT team to get it reset for you.  If this is Skype Consumer, there's not much to do but keep trying passwords or get that old email back up if the Skype support team can't help.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:39 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:24 PM
  • Hi JigneshAshokShah,

Agree with Anthony Caragol.

If you forget the password of Skype for business, there is nothing to do with Skype for business client or server, the only thing you need to do is to contact your SFB server administrator.

If you mean consumer skype, we suggest you post in the form below, there are more experts will help you.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, August 25, 2017 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:43 AM