Error Code: 0x80070570 when trying to install RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 7 GB of memory

On 8/23/2010 I received a blue screen with the title of bad_pool_header.  No new hardware or software had been added.

I ran the windows 7 repair - did not correct - blue screen 

I ran the windows 7 repair from the original installation disk - did not work - blue screen

The current blue screen title is registry_error

I installed a new boot drive with a copy of window 7 pro 32 bit and connected the original boot drive as a slave and I could read the drive.

Memory test passed.

I gave up on repairing the system.  I used the windows 7 ultimate 64 disk that was used on the original installation and attempted to do a clean install (with format).

I received Error Code: 0x80070570

I then tried to a clean install with windows 7 pro 64, the same error

An additional try returned a blue screen - apc_index_mismatch

I am a Photoshop CS5 user, so 64 bit is important

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows 7 related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 6, 2010 10:48 AM