Footer for a report that is converted to Word gets cut off RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio, when previewing a report with a footer that has two rows of text, the footer appears to display correctly. When I export to Word, the footer for the first page looks as if it has shifted down slightly and the second line is missing. Subsequent pages show the footer correctly.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

According to your description, when you export the report to Word, the page footer content in first page is cut off, right?

In Reporting Services, the Word renderer ignores page header and footer height settings. If the page footer exceeds the height word supported, the exceeded part of the footer will be cut off. Please refer to this similar thread: ssrs 2008 export to word 2010.

In your scenario, please check if the page height is less than 22 inches in report properties. And you can add a rectangle in the page footer, drag those two textboxes into the rectangle.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

According to your description, when you export the report to Word, the page footer content in first page is cut off, right?

In Reporting Services, the Word renderer ignores page header and footer height settings. If the page footer exceeds the height word supported, the exceeded part of the footer will be cut off. Please refer to this similar thread: ssrs 2008 export to word 2010.

In your scenario, please check if the page height is less than 22 inches in report properties. And you can add a rectangle in the page footer, drag those two textboxes into the rectangle.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Hi Qiuyun,

The page height is less than 22 inches. In my report, the page footer is set for .75 inches and in Word it defaults to .5 inches. I thought that this was the issue, but when I changed the default Word footer to .75 inches, it had no effect. Turns out that in Word, the box "DIfferent first page" was checked under Page Setup>Layout>Headers and footers. Unchecking this fixed my problem. See more of an explanation here: http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/HeaderFooter.htm

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:28 PM