Latest version of Nero (7.7.5.1) fails to install. RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried several different versions of Nero to no avail, the latest claims to be compatible. I attempt to install and no errors occur but after it reaches the point of "Readying installation" and "initializing installation" nothing happens. those two prompts flash briefly onscreen and after that, nothing else occurs. I am running vista ultimate, all drivers and updates are u[ to date.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:35 PM

All replies

• Is it an Acer laptop that you are trying to install your version of Nero 7 on???
    Monday, February 19, 2007 1:22 AM
  • Nope, a desktop PC with an nforce 4 ultra chipset mainboard, 2 GB of DDR RAM, over 600 GB of HDD space, 3200+ athlon 64 bit 2.0 GHz processor (though I'm running 32 bit windows).
    Monday, February 19, 2007 3:54 PM
  • Okay, the reason I asked was because I had the same problem, exactly as you described!!!

Nero loaded okay on my PC but on my Acer laptop it wasn’t playing ball... Like your PC, every driver and update on my laptop was up to date... I right clicked the Nero setup file and selected “Run as administrator”, which apparently is one reason why it doesn’t load properly, but still nothing...

The one thing I didn’t even think of doing, when I installed Vista, was update my BIOS... So I updated my BIOS, rebooted and tried again... Now it’s all loaded on my system and it’s working perfectly...

You may find that it seems like it’s taking a while to load on to the system, and you still get those two prompts flash briefly on the screen, but about 45 seconds after that the full installation process begins...

I hope this works for you like it did for me...

Monday, February 19, 2007 11:35 PM
  • Hi,

i have got windows vista ultimate and installed nero 7.7.5.1 no problems with mine installed just fine

paul

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:32 PM
  • Running Vista Business I installed Nero version 7.5.9.0 without any trouble (except for the COM SURROGATE ERROR while rendering preview thumbnails). So Nero can at least be installed under sertain circumstanses. Haven't tried the latest version though...

Here's a few things you could try:

• You might not have administrative priviligies. Run the setup program as an administrator.
    • Try turning the anti virus program off - that is if you got one.
    • Try turning the User Account Control off. I do recommend you to turn in back on when you're done (Windows Defender is a joke!).
    • Browse to Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core and launch the nero.exe application (this has worked for others). 

If you eventually succeed in installing Nero but still experiencing som problems here's what you can do: 

First find and delete everything that is linked to Nero using regedit, next download the following two files from nero.com.

1 - General-CleanTool.zip
    2 - NVE-CleanTool.exe

Run these two programs, reboot comp and then reinstalled Nero-7.7.5.1_all_trail.exe

This has worked for others using Vista Ultimate.

Good luck!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:04 AM
  • I am the admin on the PC, so I have privileges. No anti-virus was running at the time, UAC was disabled. I can't run nero.exe as nothing was actually installed, nothing was installed when I attempted to install nero. It never made it to the install screen with a progress bar.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:39 PM
  • I'm also local administrator - but still I need to evoke the run as option in order to install some applications sometimes. Don't know why yet... However this is not required with Nero as far as I experienced so it is not was causing you problem.

You could also try turning of Windows Defender, but I seriously doubt it would make any difference... 

Downloaded the upgrade to 7.7.5.1 successfully leaves me to believe that there's something wrong with your PC. Possibly you don't have fully working drivers or Vista hardware compliant parts. Check your vendor for the latest drivers. All of them! Chipset, audi, etc...

Finally you could try to reinstall Windows VIsta, it might not be working properly? Last resort ?

Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:51 AM
  •  

Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:12 PM
  •  Hinkmania wrote:
    I have tried several different versions of Nero to no avail, the latest claims to be compatible. I attempt to install and no errors occur but after it reaches the point of "Readying installation" and "initializing installation" nothing happens. those two prompts flash briefly onscreen and after that, nothing else occurs. I am running vista ultimate, all drivers and updates are u[ to date.

Nero Lite is what I have installed on my Vista 64 install and it works great.

It seems there is an "unofficial" project at http://www.updatepack.nl/ to make it work on Vista.

I used it and have been very pleased with the results.

I scanned the file for malware and it was clean.

You can read up about the project at

http://apcmag.com/how_to_install_nero_7_on_vista.htm

an excerpt from the article follows:

"The project is growing in popularity and its purpose is to remove the superfluity that Nero is packaged with; such as a video editor and network media streamer.

It's essentially been reduced down to the core reason one installs Nero -- to burn optical media. See here for a list of what has been taken out or replaced. You can even create an unattended installation thanks to the use of the free Inno Setup installer"

Again, it works just fine for me and I am very pleased that I have the ability to use Nero 7 instead of having to upgrade to 8 (or whatever the current version is) Besides that, having all the extra *** stripped out reduces my space used and the possibility of conflicts with other software.

Friday, November 14, 2008 2:57 PM