none
Using REST with Power BI to connect to SharePoint DataSource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

I found that loading data is faster when using listdata.svc connection to Power BI. But my issue is that I have a large SharePoint Online list with around 9000 items and it is still expanding. I found over internet that REST can query only upto 1000 records. Please let me know is there any workaround of using REST with SharePoint large lists as my chart data is loading very slow(sometimes not loading) with normal connection.

Please help.

Thanks..!!

Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Tanvi. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a limitation. I'm not sure where you read about the 1000 entry limit, but my teammates aren't familiar with it.

EDIT: If you have follow-up concerns or questions, please include a link to the page you found that indicates there's a limit, as well as the M formula text for your query (with any private/sensitive info redacted).

Ehren

Friday, July 6, 2018 6:51 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Tanvi. Are you seeing only 1000 values when you load your query to the Power BI model?

Ehren

Friday, July 6, 2018 12:07 AM
    Owner
  • No.. It's more than 1000, but I want to be confirm on the limitation number. Could you please provide me the limitation.
    Friday, July 6, 2018 4:55 AM
  • Hi Tanvi. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a limitation. I'm not sure where you read about the 1000 entry limit, but my teammates aren't familiar with it.

EDIT: If you have follow-up concerns or questions, please include a link to the page you found that indicates there's a limit, as well as the M formula text for your query (with any private/sensitive info redacted).

Ehren

Friday, July 6, 2018 6:51 PM
    Owner