none
Best way to restore project actuals? RRS feed

• Question

• I've run into the circumstance a couple times now whereby in order to get a project past an error state either in the save or publish process (latest was error 24000 with publish process stuck at 94%) i've had to save as to desktop and republish to pwa.  When you do that of course the actuals are gone.

As has this has occured a couple times now on PWA 2010 for me I'm at desperation levels due to the amount of useful data that's gone... the only fix that gets the PM back up and running is by taking saved reporting data (off excel reports saved weekly for other reporting purposes), totalling the actuals of those and manually adding them to the MSP file tasks and publishing those.  All the actuals by resource information is gone though.

Does anyone have any experience with this and fixing it properly?  And i'm not looking for a 'well you need to go back to each individuals timesheet and recreate, resubmit, re-approve status etc... '

On a related note, what about moving hours approved incorrectly from one task to another or one project to another?  I would think/hope the solution is very similar...

Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Sergio,

Personaly (and maybe this is not the answer you're expecting) I'd recommend to try first to identify the root cause of the save/publish issue. Having a project on the server saved as a local version is never the best solution, due to the loose of data you've experiencied.

I'd firstly advice to check for inconsistancies in the project files, such as special caracters, incorrect WBS code, blank lines, circular references, dependences and resources on summary tasks, macros, addins...

Then I'd check the ULS logs to identify more precisely the issue.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:12 PM