I want o assign change permission & I want to remove delete write permission from users on shared folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I want o assign change permission & I want to remove delete write permission from users on shared folder. 

Example: I have one domain controller and file server. I want to give the change write to users on folder & files.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 4:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You mean you want to assign some user have change permission but without delete permission, for example user A could change permission for folder A, but he couldn't delete the folder, right?

If so, as I said before, I'm afraid we could not achieve this goal. Since to change file/folder permissions the user must have a full control on the file/folder.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You mean you want to assign the change permission for the user account right? Based on my knowledge, to change file/folder permissions the user must have a full control on the file/folder.

Best Regards,

Mary

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mary Dong Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:59 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 5:05 AM

• Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Best Regards,
    Mary

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:57 AM
  • Hi Mary,

There is any way to assign changeable permission but don't assign delete permission.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

You mean you want to assign some user have change permission but without delete permission, for example user A could change permission for folder A, but he couldn't delete the folder, right?

If so, as I said before, I'm afraid we could not achieve this goal. Since to change file/folder permissions the user must have a full control on the file/folder.

Best Regards,

Mary

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:58 AM