none
Late tasks report - Issue with sorting a custom field RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to customize the late tasks report.

I want to add a customized (text) column and sort the report by that.

I see that the sorting is not correct and I need to copy it to excel to sort it correctly.

Am I missing something ?

Friday, October 28, 2016 7:37 PM

All replies

• Naveen,

The Late Tasks report uses the Late Tasks filter which lists the tasks whose Status field holds "Late". In order to test how it works, insert the Status field (enter the status date to the Status date box in the Project Information dialog box) and the custom text field to the same table, apply the same filter to the task table and perform sorting on the custom text field. Then check how the resulting table looks like. If it is OK, you can print the table or produce the graphical report. 

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:04 PM
  • Ismet,

No, it did not solve the problem. When I sort the custom column , it does not sort alphabetically. It seems to be sorting based on some other column / attribute in the custom column. Is there a need to clean up my data in custom column ?  But the same data seems to work just fine in MS excel.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:40 PM
  • At this point, it seems difficult to comment any further without seeing the plan, so if you like, you can send me the mpp file at ikocaman.pm[at]gmail.com.

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:05 PM