none
Change site settings for shareing from javacript

Question

• Hi,

I've made a site-template where I have edited the settings for allowing users to share site etc to allowing. But when I create a site from the template, the new site do not get these settings.

Is it any way to make a workflow og javascript change these settings on the site?

jik

Friday, December 9, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi jik,

Can you show the steps in details about how you do the test? I can’t reproduce it in my tenant.

This is what I have done:

I have a site with settings like this:

I save it as template, and create another site with this template, the settings remain the same in this new site.

Moreover, there seems no such JavaScript API can be used to manage these settings at this moment, I would suggest you submit a feedback to the SharePoint UserVoice Platform if there any expectation about the future version of SharePoint:

http://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by JIK12 Monday, December 19, 2016 9:14 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 8:20 AM