Skype for Business crashes at click on invitation pop up RRS feed

• Question

• Error: Skype for Business has stopped working. This only happens when the user gets a instant message and click on the pop up message in the below, right corner.

Eventviewer Entry when the Skype for Business (Lync) is stopping.
    Faulting application name: lync.exe, version: 16.0.4588.1000, time stamp: 0x5992ff3a
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1715, time stamp: 0x59b0d93a
    Exception code: 0xc06d007f
    Fault offset: 0x000da9f2
    Faulting process id: 0x143c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d33e6562015a64
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\lync.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: b2bc2e67-aa75-11e7-ae2c-e4b318c3a3ec
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

When Skype is started, opened, another person invited etc, there is no problem. If we wait about 30 seconds until the pop up closes and the SkypefB icon in the tasklist beginns to flashing (orange icon), the message opens without any problems by clicking the flashing task list icon.

Same problem with every tested user (Windows login) on the affected laptop. When the user logs in on another laptop it works fine. So the problem is with the client and not with the user setting or user profile.

Problem happend the first time before two weeks (there were no Updates done then, we actually have the September 2017 patches installed last week, always one month delay). We use Windows 10 (1607) with Office 2016 and Skype for Business 2016 MSO (16.0.4549.1000) 32-bit

The reregistration of the failed kernelbase.dll is not possible (kernelbase.dll was loading but the entry point was not found message). The file has the version 10.0.14393.1715 and date 07.09.2017 08:03

I updated the drivers for video, audio and network as mentioned on different forums without any success. Actually I know from 3 clients with the same problem. All different hardware models, one freshly set up. I could not found any special similarities until now.

Anyone any idea what I can search for or do to find a solution?
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Schacherseppeli,

Based on your description, in my opinion, it may be a client issue.

For it, please try the  following method:

1. Perform a clean boot on your computer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    2. Try to repair office.
    3. Update your SFB client and windows system the latest version
    4. Also try to reboot the SFB client and test if the issue persists.

Looking forward your response

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:31 AM