OWA using UAG 2010 SP1 and attachments RRS feed

• Question

• When using OWA on UAG 2010 SP1 you can only add attachments when a user connects via a Priviledged Session. Can we configure the Default Session so users can add attachments also?
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi BGM2,

you can change the assigned default policies on a per-published-application basis. You'll find the releated settings in the Exchange rules you've created on the "Endpoint Policy Settings" tab. Its devided into "Access", "Upload, "Download" and "Restricted" access. Change those settings to "Always" if you want to skip the additional device compliance checks, but you may also create your own Endpoint Policy using the Policy Editor...

The Endpoint Policies on your Trunk will mainly cover session time out values and some other session releated options. 

-Kai

• Proposed as answer by Kai Wilke Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:24 PM
  • Hi Kai

Looks like you got me pointed in the correct direction. So if on the EndPoint Policy Settings I just change the Upload Policy and the Download Policy to Default Privileged Endpoint will I get basically the same upload and download of attachment policies as Privileged users or should I opt for Always?

My main goal here is just to allow attachments like someone who has the end point client installed.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Hi BGM2,

regarding your "Always" question. Well, this will strongly depend on your specific requirements. Basically the rules will most likely be able to express whatever you can possibly imagine ;)

If you "only" want to monitor for the UAG end point components (e.g. Attachment Wiper), then i would recommend to create a custom policy. The policy wizard has a section especially for the UAG components.

-Kai 

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:24 PM