none
Deny CD access disables Removable Drive

Question

• Hello,

When I enable CD and DVD: Deny Read Access and CD and DVD: Deny Write Access in group policy it not only disables the CD drives it also deny's access to removable devices such as Flash drives. To test that this was the policy that was throwing the denial I disabled those policies and forced the gpupdate on the local machine and I regained access to the flash drives. Anyone else had this problem?

Thursday, February 09, 2017 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Not found such similar performance based on my research. As far as I know, we could also set deny access for CD and DVD via registry, please have a try and see if the same problem happen again, here is an article which has the steps to set in the registry editor:
    https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/180402-dvd-cd-drive-allow-deny-read-write-access.html
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:19 AM