error code 2738 vbscript runtime error RRS feed

• Question

• i have a windows 7 64 bit, am trying to install a hallmark card studio.  it said error on installing it, so i put the disc back in & told it to fix it.  i get the error code 2738.  i did the start, all programs, accessories, but cannot figure out how i'm suppose to run it as administrator.. would like to get it fixed so i can use my program.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to know what version of hallmark card studio is running.

After checking on Windows 7 compatibility center, the following version of hallmark card studio is compatible with Windows 7, you can refer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=hallmark%20card%20studio

If the program is compatible but the issue persists, I suggest installing it in Clean Boot

If it does not work, please try the following steps to register dll file:

1 Click “Start”

2 Click “All programs” and go to Accessories

3 Right click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”

4 Input “regsvr32 vbscript.dll” and press enter

5 You will get a message box saying dll has been registered

Then, run the installer again.

If it does not work, run it in vista compatibility mode for test:

1.    Insert the installation media, right click on the DVD drive icon and choose Open

2.    In the open folder, right click the program setup.exe file and click the Properties option.

3.    Select the Compatibility tab.

4.    Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option.

5.    From the drop-down list, choose the operating system you ran before upgrading to Vista.

6.    If necessary, select the option to run the program as an administration.

7.    Click OK.

Now, right click on Setup.exe and choose Run as administrator to install it again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 6, 2010 1:15 AM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to know what version of hallmark card studio is running.

After checking on Windows 7 compatibility center, the following version of hallmark card studio is compatible with Windows 7, you can refer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=hallmark%20card%20studio

If the program is compatible but the issue persists, I suggest installing it in Clean Boot

If it does not work, please try the following steps to register dll file:

1 Click “Start”

2 Click “All programs” and go to Accessories

3 Right click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”

4 Input “regsvr32 vbscript.dll” and press enter

5 You will get a message box saying dll has been registered

Then, run the installer again.

If it does not work, run it in vista compatibility mode for test:

1.    Insert the installation media, right click on the DVD drive icon and choose Open

2.    In the open folder, right click the program setup.exe file and click the Properties option.

3.    Select the Compatibility tab.

4.    Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option.

5.    From the drop-down list, choose the operating system you ran before upgrading to Vista.

6.    If necessary, select the option to run the program as an administration.

7.    Click OK.

Now, right click on Setup.exe and choose Run as administrator to install it again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 6, 2010 1:15 AM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 6:57 AM
  • Hi, it's hallmark card studio 2011, it says compatible with windows 7.  I cannot figure out how to get the run as administrator up.  I clck all programs, accessories, right click & i get these commands: expand, open, open all users, explore, explore all users, delete, rename, and properties.  my windows is windows 7 64 bit.
    cindy stoll
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:49 PM
  • ok, i opened accessories & right click, then i get run as administrator.  it brings up the snipping tool?  plus right now, i do not have the hallmark card studio installed on my computer, to do the steps, do i need to reinstall it?  thank you.
    cindy stoll
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

You should right click “Command Prompt” in accessories and select run as administrator, not Snipping Tool.

Then, input “regsvr32 vbscript.dll” in command prompt and press enter.

After finishing that, install hallmark card studio to see whether the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:38 AM
  • ok, what do you mean run the installer again?  do i need to reinstall the program?  i did get it to say dll is registered now.

thank you for your patience

cindy stoll
    Monday, December 6, 2010 8:04 PM
  • Yes, after registering  vbscript.dll, install the program.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:28 AM
  • Hi Leo,

I encounter the same error code 2738, when I install Skype. I have registered the vbscript.dll. and then run again the Skype installer. the same problem comes out again. Do you know what's happen?

I had used Skype for more than one year on this PC, but three weeks ago, it run down when I start the window in the morning. I have tried to install different version of Skype but all fail.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:49 AM