How to use 2 diffirent Review Activity notification for change request and service request? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using SCSM 2012 service pack 1.

So I configured 2 different Review activity from Workflows Configuration, one to send email notification to reviewer to approve Change Request another one is to approve Service Request. I have created 2 different email template for them.

The problem whenever I create change request or service request, the workflow use only First Review Activity hence sends same email for both Change Request and Service Request.

I tried to add more criteria to distinguish Change request review activity from Service request review activity by adding Area, but whenever I add extra criteria other than Status it doesn’t send any email notification.

Is there any solution for this problem??

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A simply way of doing this would be to have a different 'Title' for each review Activity and in the workflow configuration use the title property in your criteria.

Thanks

Mark 

Mark | http://syscen.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:20 AM
  • How should I set the criteria Title- Change from and Change to?

is it from Null to the Title of activity or something else?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Hi, you can achieve what you want through the use of queues.

If you want the notification to trigger when the status of the Review Activity changes to In Progress, when you create the notification subscription select When an object of the selected class is updated, then use a Queue to restrict the Review Activities to only those that have "Change" in their title, and the criteria is Review Activity changes from does not equal In Progress to equals In Progress.

Alternatively, select either When an object of the selected class is created or Periodically notify when objects meet a criteria, then state as the criteria that the Review Activity - Title contains "Change" or "Request" (or whatever keywords you use to distinguish between Changes and Service Requests).

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:11 AM