none
Project Server 2013 - Failed But Not Blocking Correlation , how to remove or fix RRS feed

• Question

• we have Project Server 2013, Users could not checkin , i check the queue and found couple of "Failed But Not Blocking Correlation" . i tried to force checkin projects and tried to cancel the cancel the queue job but it dimmied. tried to restart the Project Queue Service with no luck, it seems it made it worse. How to purge or remove these hagned jobs ?
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

If you change the job history to look further back in the past, are there any other jobs relating to these projects that have not yet completed? If so, try cancelling the the earlier jobs then you should be able to check in the projects

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:22 PM
  • Does it have NA in far left column.  If yes, then its done working.  Nothing to stop.

cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, March 8, 2013 10:55 PM
  • Yes it has NA but some of them has statu as the snapshoot

Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

The N/A means that the job is not in the queue any more. The information in your screenshot is showing that the job failed at the 12% mark, but completed at 4:24PM. as Paul mentions, if the queue is still not processing, check via the filters on the manage queue page to see if there are any other jobs on there blocking the queue.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:42 PM
  • N/A in far left column indicates this is not an issue?  Microsoft intuitive error translation? :P  Better yet, click into the error message details, and you see a very descriptive message:

Monday, January 25, 2016 7:25 PM
  • I am also having this same issue. We have an out of the box version without any additional workflows setup. I understand there is nothing more to do here, however I'm curious to know what's causing it. My OCD doesn't like to see it in the queue constantly.

It looks like it's only happening when I am publishing a project.  We are using Project Server 2013 and Project Professional connecting to it.  This is the content in the "Error" column.

General
    • Queue:
      • GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - WorkflowCheckinNotify.ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='6d2c2afd-abd4-e511-810f-005056a57706' JobUID='4fb45df6-abd4-e511-810f-005056a57706' ComputerName='349350aa-15c8-45f7-a27a-06d2ea3eaa9f' GroupType='WorkflowCheckinNotify' MessageType='ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage' MessageId='1' Stage='' CorrelationUID='f6c45f9d-827e-60fd-eaa9-f4431abc2909'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 349350aa-15c8-45f7-a27a-06d2ea3eaa9f for entries with JobUID 4fb45df6-abd4-e511-810f-005056a57706.

Thank you in advance,

Tony

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:35 PM
  • Tony,

I have seen this happen generally when the Workflow Manager has not been "initialized" even if you are not using any workflows.

To get rid of this, open PWA in SharePoint Designer, and publish a dummy Workflow. Make sure it is a Site Wokflow and the platform is Project Server 2013. 

That should subscribe the site to the WOrkflow Manager and get rid of this error. 

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Agree to Prasanna.

Create a dummy workflow which should be a Site level Project workflow and publish it. 

after this the issue should be resolved.

Note: 

Also check these services are running in the server:

- “Service Bus Gateway”

- “Service Bus Message Broker”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azhar, Project engineer (MSFT)

• Edited by King_Azhar Thursday, February 9, 2017 3:13 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 3:11 PM