HTTP error, when trying to connect to upstream server (WSUS) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody! 

I have a problem connecting to an upstream server, when i go trough WSUS configuration wizard. I tried to find solutions for this problem, but could not find an answer. It gives me an error message "HTTP error occurred

Can you help me solve this problem guys? 

Monday, February 24, 2020 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, your issue is related to WSUS. Since our Exchange forums mainly discusses and provide suggestions about Exchange server issues, to better resolve it, I will help move the thread to Windows Server > WSUS forum.

Thanks for your understandings! 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:14 AM
  • I have a problem connecting to an upstream server, when i go trough WSUS configuration wizard. I tried to find solutions for this problem, but could not find an answer. It gives me an error message "HTTP error occurred

If you encounter connection issues during the configuration process, consider the following:

• If this is the first WSUS server in your environment
      1. Make sure this server can connect to the internet.
      2. If a network firewall is blocking between the server and the Internet, make sure that the site in the following article is allowed through the firewall: "Connection from the WSUS server to the Internet."

• If this is a new downstream WSUS server in your environment
      1. Ensure that the FQDN and port number of the upstream server filled in in the WSUS configuration wizard are correct.
      2. If SSL is enabled on the upstream server, verify that the relevant certificate has been added to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities in the certificate manager of the downstream server.

Reply back with the details would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:35 AM
  • Thanx
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:44 AM
  • Thanx
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:44 AM
  • Thanx:) 
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:45 AM
  • Hi Ali,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:50 AM