none
Variations "View Changes" button is greyed-out

All replies

• Hi,

Variations View Changes Ribbon Button relies on the Variations Propagate Page or Variations Create Page Timer jobs to be enabled. In Monitoring -> Review timer job definitions enable the Variations Propagate Pages or Create Pages timer jobs and Publish the page or click Update Variations and see if that helps.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot for input. But unfortunately this does not help me out...

Both jobs are enabled. Otherwise the Update Variations button does not do the job, does it?

By the way, I have disabled the auto propagation. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff721974.aspx In order to restore the 2007-like operation i.e. we copy from source to targets only by clicking Update Variations, not automatic.

Will see if this changes the behavior.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot for input. But unfortunately this does not help me out...

Both jobs are enabled. Otherwise the Update Variations button does not do the job, does it?

By the way, I have disabled the auto propagation. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff721974.aspx In order to restore the 2007-like operation i.e. we copy from source to targets only by clicking Update Variations, not automatic.

Will see if this changes the behavior.

No. No luck. Re-enabling the auto propagation does not change a thing...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:23 AM
  • Are you seeing any entries in the ULS logs with CMS entries after the progation completes?
    Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support
    Monday, March 28, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Are you seeing any entries in the ULS logs with CMS entries after the progation completes?

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

No. I do not see any entry of category CMS in ULS when/after the page propagation completed.

There should one? Some specific entry should be written?

Thanks, Kazu

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Hi Kazutsugu,

Yes, there should be some entries listed in the ULS. 

You may want to consider a paid support ticket to have an engineer look at this further. The options available are listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

The community is more than welcome to continue posting ideas to this thread as well.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Hi Kazutsugu,

the View Changes button is only active on the target variation page and also only if the target page has not been published.

Cheers,
    Stefan Goßner
    Microsoft CSS

Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Hello Stefan,

Comfirmed that the thing works OK if it is a newly created web application/site collection on MOSS 2010.

As said with the original question, our production site is one migrated from 2007. I am afraid in such case, it may not work somehow...

No other user reporting the issue? I believe not.

Actually (what a coincidence), you must be the one helping us with the masterpage inheritance issue with Variation. With that, I was lucky that it is easily reproducable, with a freshly created site on 2010. On the contrary, I do not believe this thing is (easily reproducable). I do not think I have the guts to open a support call for this. Compare to the masterpage issue, this is minor. I think we can live without it.

Thank you, Kazu

Monday, August 08, 2011 3:51 PM