WSS3 drop-downs not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• We have WSS3 deployed and many people use it without issue. One person recently, however, discovered that the drop-downs do not work for him. So for example, when he clicks on Site Actions, the drop-down expands and he sees the list of items but when clicking on them simply nothing happens; no errors anywhere, but nothing happens, as if he had not clicked them. Happens for drop downs next to files in document libraries also. I had him sign-on to a different machine and all was well and working fine, so it's definitely something to do with his browser/PC config and not permissions.

He was on IE7. I had him clear cache. It did not help. He then installed IE8 and says that the drop downs work just once, but after using them once he has to restart IE to get them to work again. He's not aware of any changes made to his PC in the last little while, but obviously something changed.

Any ideas? I cannot find anything on the net pertaining to this specific issue.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• Did you try reset IE ?

Moderator Note: NEVER propose your own posts as answers. The idea is that you use the function to propose the good answers of other people. Not your own.

• Proposed as answer by Hammad Mian Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:53 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:55 AM Moderator Note added about never proposing own posts as answers. The OP has said that it solved his problem so that is why (and the ONLY REASON) I am marking this as the answer here.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:55 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:12 PM

All replies

• Did you try reset IE ?

Moderator Note: NEVER propose your own posts as answers. The idea is that you use the function to propose the good answers of other people. Not your own.

• Proposed as answer by Hammad Mian Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:53 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:55 AM Moderator Note added about never proposing own posts as answers. The OP has said that it solved his problem so that is why (and the ONLY REASON) I am marking this as the answer here.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:55 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:12 PM
  • Did you try reset IE ?
    Nope. Had that performed now and it works! Thanks very much.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:35 PM