Getting 'Access Denied' though I am in Owners group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have access to a site(subsite) and I am in the site owners group. The owners group is set to have 'Full Control' on the site.

However, I am unable to edit any webparts that have been created by another member of the owner group. I can click on Edit and Modify Shared Webpart, but when I click on Rich Text Editor I get Access Denied error. If I choose Source Editor, it opens fine.

But I would rather like to edit the content of the webpart via the Rich Text Editor rather than the Source Editor.

Does any body know why I am getting 'Access Denied' error?

FYI: I am not the site administrator. I also do not own the top level(parent) site of this subsite.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ragards
    Rooven

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, April 25, 2011 3:14 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, April 25, 2011 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Rooven,

to get access to edit web part you need atleast designer access on top level site as it will access web part galary located on top level site.

Please arrange for designer access on top level site and check.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Rohan Chittyal Monday, April 25, 2011 7:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:38 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 3:13 PM