Microsoft movie maker preview box RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having a problem with all of my video editing software but microsoft movie maker in particular where I can hear the footage being played but it does not get displayed in the preview box. It is a blank screen. I ordered my laptop in 2012 so I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem. Its a samsung and its meant for video editing which is frustrating to me.  I have windows 7 on my laptop. I have tried multiple different things after reading other forums and videos but none of them helped. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Connor Bailey,

Did this issue occur recently ? Have you update your graphic drivers? What`s the format of the video you edited?

1.To update the graphic driver, you may need to download the driver from the graphic manufacturer website.

2.The video codecs of this machine may have suffered a corruption. I recommend you to try the Microsoft “Fix it” to have a repair.

Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer – Windows

http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/video_freezes_or_crashes/

3.The format of the video you edited may not be supported by the Movie Maker, I recommend you to convert the video into .wmv format to have a try. The .wmv  format works very well in Movie Maker.

4.Considering this issue may caused by the Movie Maker corruption,I recommend you to reinstall the software to have a try.

Best regards 

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Friday, November 21, 2014 11:07 AM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:19 AM