locked
discovered inventory incorrect RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have about 80 computers that are being managed by SCE. In the main Monitoring area of the console at the root is a area called Discovered Inventory and Computers, these sections have have computers list as not monitored by netbios name and monitored by FQDN. It looks like a duplicate entry of the system. When I look at that computer section or the list of computers in WSUS admin I only see the computers with the FQDN. I can't find a way to remove the not monitored duplicate machines from the view. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Daniel
    Monday, February 25, 2008 11:38 PM

Answers

  • Hi Daniel,

     

    Open the SCE console and navigate to Administration -> Device Management -> Agent Managed and Pending Management. If the computers that you don't want to monitor are in the lists, you can delete or reject them at there.

     

    Besides, open WSUS console and run the server cleanup wizard. It will delete the computer which has not contact Server for more than 30 days. Then, wait for a few days to see if it will be synchronized.

     

    Thanks.


                                                     

    Sincerely,

    Yog Li

    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:48 AM

All replies

  • Hi Daniel,

     

    Open the SCE console and navigate to Administration -> Device Management -> Agent Managed and Pending Management. If the computers that you don't want to monitor are in the lists, you can delete or reject them at there.

     

    Besides, open WSUS console and run the server cleanup wizard. It will delete the computer which has not contact Server for more than 30 days. Then, wait for a few days to see if it will be synchronized.

     

    Thanks.


                                                     

    Sincerely,

    Yog Li

    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:48 AM
  • This did not work. The fantom computers are in the dob.MT_Computers table in the OpsManagerDB. In that table is both these fantom records and the acutal working records. I did also try the /clearcache switch with no impact.

     

    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

     

    It is not suggested to modify the tables directly, which may cause some uncertain risks. Could you tell us what kinds of operations caused this issue? And could you see them on Administration space?

     

                                                    
    Sincerely,

    Yog Li

    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:16 AM
  • I didn't modify the tables so that won't be an issue, I only provided that as support info. In the monitoring area of SCE is a category called Discovered Inventory. In that category I have a computer call Bob. (acutal I have 18 of 70 comptuers in this condition all in the same OU in AD and all running XP, all managed by SCE for udpates and such and all working in SCE as expected sans this issue)

    There are two entries for a computer say named Bob.
    One reports Bob as healthy and with name bob.domain.local and Display name as bob.domain.local

    the second entry has state not monitored Name bob display name bob. But they are the same computer.

    The only difference is that one has the full domain name and the other doesn't. The one with the domain name reports as healthy.

    I have removed the agent from several of the boxes and it removed the FQDN but not the simple name.
    I reinstalled the agents on those boxes no change
    I reinstalled the the agent on other mahcine thru SCE no change.
    I ran thru all the steps on a machine that is in the not yet contacted state  and no change (i.e. delete softwaredistrubution folder, reset proxy settings, etc.)
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:22 PM
  • I also installed SP1 in an effort to fix a different problem and this issue still exist. Any update on some options to try to clean up these phantom entries.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:14 PM