none
Timesheet: Block certains days for all employees (vacation) RRS feed

• Question

• I have admin rights but I cannot find a place to block some days for all users, thus they cannot enter hours.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

two possibilities:

• Edit your calendars to enter the days off as non-working days. This will not stop them from entering hours, but free days will be displayed in in timesheet indicating, that these are non-working days.
    • Edit your time reporting periods in a way, that one period ends at last working day. The next period will include the non-working days. For the following period, use the first working day. Close the period with only non-working days. This will pervent all users from entering hours during this period.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Thanks.

I connat find the place to set non-working days.

Is it in server settings?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:57 PM
  • Hi,

Server Settings - Enterprise Calendars. Mark your calendar, click on EDIT. Marked calendar will be opened in client (so client has to be configured to work with PWA). Mark the days off and enter a name in grid. After closing, these days will be non-working days and be displayed in timesheets like weekends. But, as I wrote, this will not stop users from editing hours. They are still able to do so, but background colors shows that they are not supposed to do so.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Proposed as answer by Erik van Hurck Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:08 PM