none
Voicemail press pound # RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using CloudPBX and and when someone hits voicemail the recording says 'press pound' but in most countries including mine we say hash. Is there a way to change this?

Cheers

Trent.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Trent,

Do you want to change the default greeting of voicemail “Please leave a message for XXXX. After the tone, please record your message. When you finish recording hang-up or press the pound key for more options” you want to change “press the pound” to the “hash” ?

If so , you could refer to the following link(title : Change your voicemail greeting).

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-skype-for-business-voicemail-and-options-2deea7f8-831f-4e85-a0d4-b34da55945a8

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:40 AM
  • Hi Leon,

There doesn't appear to be any option to change it to say hash. Even when you record you own greeting, it still says After the tone, please record your message. When you finish recording hang-up or press the pound key for more options' after the users custom recording.

Thanks

T

Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi TrentQueen,

Do you use the exchange online or exchange on-premise server?

If you use exchange online,Firstly ,is the “change greetings” grey ? or you could change the greetings ,but the greetings was the default?

Please refer the following link ,step by step change the voice mail.

http://www.marquette.edu/its/help/emarqinfo/change-greeting.shtml

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:45 AM
  • We use Exchange Online, I do see the Change Greeting option and if I record a new greeting that does play, but the service plays my recording followed by "After the tone, please record your message. When you finish recording hang-up or press the pound key for more options"
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:42 AM
  • Hi TrentQueen,

Did you receive a reply on this?

Thanks, Chris.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:00 AM
  • I didn't hear anything back no.
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hi Trent, did you manage to solve this issue in the last year? would love to fix this American English issue too
    Many Thanks,

Stephen

SK

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:23 PM