none
Integration of project server -Project Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Project Server 2010 on a server machine ( win server 2008 ) and Project Professional 2010 on other computer. I am try to integrate these two. I added an account in Project Professional to access Project Server and I can connect to server as well. But when I make changes in the client ( professional ), they are not reflecting on the server. Could you please me in integrating these two properly. I am very new to these tools.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

so if you start project, you are connected to your server? You are able to save a project to server and don't see if you change anything in your plan? Have you also published your plan? Project Server provides two steps: first is saving on the server, modifications saved to server can only be seen in project client. After publishing, your changes will also be displayed in Project Web App.

Let us know, where you have difficulties in more detail.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Hi,

With your information, solved that problem. Now, I can see the changes in the project server that I have made in the project professional.

Now, I am unable to edit the same in the project server.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:06 PM
  • Hi,

what do you mean with "the same"? If you want to edit a project in Project Web App, click on its name in Project Center. Click on Edit - In Project Web App.

Be aware of, that you will not have all features available in Project Web App. For an overview have a look at http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/project-server-2010-editions.aspx.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:20 PM