none
SBS 2011- Event ID- 1511 RRS feed

• Question

• Our sbs 2011 is getting EVENT ID 1511- User profile service. Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. This happens eachtime we restart the server once a week.

I am able to logo to the local account fine.

Under c:/user , it has created all these temp accounts.

Whe i go to the event viewer, it's pointing to the account : spwebapp, which is related to an account from sharepoint.  sharepoint is installed but  we are not actually using it.

How to i fix this issue. i mean to stop all these temp accounts from creating. and is still relating to sharepoint.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check if following link helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:18 AM
  • HI,

Thank you for the reply.I did come across this article. But because it refers to windows 7, i wasn't sure if that is applicable to our situation.

The event viewer said:

Log Name: Application
    source: user profile service
    event id: 1511
    Level : error
    User: Swethadomain\spwebapl

What confused me was the user: spwebapl, this is an account that is associated with sharepoint. It is setup from the installation. So i don't know if this error is somehow related to sharepoint accounts. We are not using sharepoint in our SBS server 2011.

Also under c drive, it is creating all these temp accounts. why?

I am able to login using the local account. Why does it create these accounts. is the problem with the local account or the sharepint account?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:57 AM
  • its logging in the error for sharepoint accounts ,but, that is not the reason for ur admin account to login with a temp profile[BTW its creating temp folders as its logging with a temp profile and not a domain profile]I 

Your domain profile needs to be loaded.

I would say that take a backup of you server and refer to the article I gave above,also have a look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947242

And yes the article is applicable to ur situation 
    • Edited by Jkazama Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:52 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:52 AM