none
CSV Files in IE9, IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a web base software that can generate a CSV file. When the CSV file is generated it`s open in IE9 and not MS excel.

I did use the link of the CSV file and using the f12 ( developer tools ) if I select my browser IE 7 or 8 the system will ask me to save or open the file. Same thing for Ie9 Compatibily view. but then the browser is in ie9 or ie10 it`s not allowing me to save/download the file and it opens it on IE

Yes CSV files in the default program are being open with Excel but when CSV files are on the internet they are being open by Internet.

How can we force IE9 and 10 to prompt for Saving the CSV file so it can be open in Excel and not IE.

Note: Downgrading to Ie8 is not a option, Is the an Add-ons or other settings in IE 9 -10 to prevent or ask to save the file ?

Thanks

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

• Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default" (there is a security setting for mime-sniffing).

On IIS7 the mime-type for csv is application/octet-stream

Depending on your installed Office version, there may or may not be any Office Addons for IE... see Tools>Manage Addons

Rob^_^

Friday, September 27, 2013 6:20 AM