none
Re-sizing windows explorer crashes when preview pane enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, ive got a real annoying bug where if I try re-size or move windows explorer when the preview pane is on it goes to about 20% of the size, flashes, flickers and crashes.

If I disable the preview pane it works ok.

I use preview pane all the time as its very useful when identifying a document.

Does anyone know of a fiz or workaround please?

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve.

Which error message (if any) is displayed? Did you perform any change after which this problem started to appear? Did you install any Windows Explorer extension?
    I'd suggest you to perform an integrity check of the operating system's files: open an administrative command prompt and execute the sfc /scannow command.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting your query here.

1. we could try to test in safe mode or clean mode to check if this issue persists.

2. Check these if they can help you.

https://superuser.com/questions/481141/when-resizing-windows-explorer-on-windows-8-it-crashes

http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/file-explorer-blinkcrash-when-minimize-folder-on-windows-10.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content. 

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi, ive got a real annoying bug where if I try re-size or move windows explorer when the preview pane is on it goes to about 20% of the size, flashes, flickers and crashes.

If I disable the preview pane it works ok.

I use preview pane all the time as its very useful when identifying a document.

Does anyone know of a fiz or workaround please?

I have exactly the same problem on Windows 10

I noticed it by using the IExplorerBrowser interface  (in C++ or .NET)

As Explorer uses it, it crashes too

• Edited by Castorix31 Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:12 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:12 PM