none
DNS Name Server Resolve Error WS2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dedicated server runs on Windows Server 2012 R2, also hosts xyz.site domain. DNS Primary Zone has two name servers as ns1.xyz.site and ns2.xyz.site, and my computer's name is "server", with dns suffix it becomes server.xyz.site as full computer name. My problem is DNS not responding, none of name servers are serving. When I try to resolve ns1.xyz.site or ns2, I receive an error "No IP Addresses found for this host." My DNS zone's entries as follows:

Appreciate for help.

• Edited by sertanpekel Sunday, July 29, 2018 6:21 AM R2 added
    Sunday, July 29, 2018 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

The NS records specify the servers which are providing DNS services for that domain name.

Are ns1.xyz.site and ns2.xyz.site the domain names of the DNS servers? The NS record on your computer"server" should be server.xzy.site.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, July 30, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

Most of domain registerers demand two name servers for a domain. When I try to create server.xyz.site, the DNS server does not accept second one (e.g. nserver.xyz.site). At another server of mine which runs on WS2016, the DNS server accepts second name server with another IP address. I think that's my problem.

Best regards.

Monday, July 30, 2018 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you ping ns1 and ns2 Ip addresses? Could you give me a screenshot of NS? As shown below:

Best regards,

Travis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Travis

Friday, August 3, 2018 9:10 AM