none
StatusApproval job failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently using Project server 2007. A time approval for a project  failed and is blocking the queue . Later the job got cancelled. My question is "Will the hours be approved or not? How can I check/redo the approval?"

Will the task updates will still be there in "Task Updates"? Should the Team Member resubmit his/her timesheet so that the status manager will receive the Task Updates for approval again?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, August 4, 2014 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Khaldun,

Are you talking about task update or timesheet?

The easiest way to get answers would be to dig into it and perform some tests.

If the approval job it self has been cancelled, thus I guess that the task updated hasn't been approved. It is easy to get this out going to the approval page then status update or timesheet history. You'll see all approval status and eventually an error message for the approval in question. If it appears to fail, then I suggest that the team member submit it again if it is a task update or recall/submit it if it is a timesheet (it should still be there in his task update page unless the task is completed which is not likely sinec the approval job failed).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, August 4, 2014 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Khaldun,

Are you talking about task update or timesheet?

The easiest way to get answers would be to dig into it and perform some tests.

If the approval job it self has been cancelled, thus I guess that the task updated hasn't been approved. It is easy to get this out going to the approval page then status update or timesheet history. You'll see all approval status and eventually an error message for the approval in question. If it appears to fail, then I suggest that the team member submit it again if it is a task update or recall/submit it if it is a timesheet (it should still be there in his task update page unless the task is completed which is not likely sinec the approval job failed).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, August 4, 2014 12:04 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume that was very helpful!
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:39 AM