none
Volume buttons control the wrong device.

Question

• Volume buttons on my media keyboard control the wrong sound device.

I have both Speakers and Headphones plugged in and they show up as 2 different devices in Sound > Playback Devices.

Headphones are plugged into the USB keyboard.

The Speakers are set as the Default Device.

Using the volume nob on my keyboard changes the volume for the Headphones instead of the keyboard.

Kind of pointless to change the volume for the non-default device, since it's not in use right?

I've not seen any way to change this anywhere as far as I can find.

I dont think this is working as intended, is there any way to fix this?
    • Edited by darknite323 Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:02 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please update/reinstall the driver in Device Management to see if it can work.

Could the headphone work before you change the volume?

If yes, please check if you could use the volume buttons that on the Windows to change the volume?

If yes, please contact the media keyboard vendor to verify this problem.

If no, please try to run build-in troubleshooter. (Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 16, 2018 5:47 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:29 AM
  • There is nothing wrong with the Keyboard or headset, both work fine, it looks like Windows decides to use the volume control on the keyboard for the headset since it is plugged into the keyboard.

Update/reinstall drivers does nothing.

Headset works fine.

I've put in a support case with Logitech, but not holding my breath. There is another ongoing issue with the keyboard software that hasn't been fixed in 18 months so I was hoping this was a Windows issue (which it looks like it is).

Sunday, March 25, 2018 3:45 PM
  • Having exactly the same issue.

Volume control of my keyboard only controls USB-Headset when plugged in. Even if it's not the standard device and sound is played over other devices.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:18 PM