RE: Outlook '16 Quartering Image When Composing E-Mail Using Fill Option RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Office 2016 suite using Windows 10 as my platform.  Whenever I compose an e-mail in OutlookI'm using the Options tab from the ribbon with the pulldown menu and selecting Fill > Picture and then selecting my desired picture to fill an Outlook e-mail I'm composing . . .

But, INEVITABLY when I select a photo, instead of this single photo "filling" the complete message I'm composing, it replicates itself into quarters - 4 images all together!!!  

It's as if the one image isn't completely spanning the entire section of the e-mail in the "Fill" feature.   But, just to be clear here, the entire e-mail I'm composing IS filled with my one image but with four of the images all together which is not my desired intentions.  My INTENTIONS

are to save this custom stationery as an HTML under Stationery so that it auto-populates whenever I compose any Outlook e-mail message.  

WHY IS IT DOING THIS ???

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Inserted background pictures will indeed fill the entire background of the message.
    But if the message window is wider or higher than the inserted background picture, it will repeat itself instead of filling or stretching the image to the message window like a Desktop Wallpaper.

And I am afraid there is not a direct way for this in Outlook. But you can still insert a picture as a background image and not have it repeat itself via the following workaround:
    1. Create a new email.
    2. Select Insert > Pictures.
    3. Browse your computer or online file locations for the picture you want to insert. Select the picture, then select Insert.
    4. To resize the picture, drag the handles at one of the four corners toward the center of the image or away from the center. Just fill the message interface with the picture.
    5. Click Wrap Text, select Behind Text in the pulldown menu.

Thanks for your understanding and hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:24 AM