none
DPM 2010 Backup problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a dpm 2010 which is backup many servers.

I run backup on daily basis

I have a problem that the status of the backup is showing as green but when i check the last recovery point its like 2 or 3 days old.

It stays like that untill i run manually consistency check.

I wonder if you experience such issue?

LA

Friday, August 13, 2010 7:21 AM

Answers

• You can safely un-install SQL Server 2005.  Is this local or remote SQL for DPM DB ?.  (If you click the i icon to the right of the management tab it will show you the SQLServer\instance name used for the DPMDB.   You need to connect to that to view the Sql Server jobs.

FYI - A consistency check job does not make a recovery point, you would need to make a recovery point manually if you want to see it under the recovery tab.

Lets see if starting the SQl agent resolved your scheduled jobs issue.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check to make sure the SQL Server Agent is running on the SQL server hosting the DPMDB.  You can also check job activity by opening SQL Server management Studio, connect to the msdpm2010 instance, then under the SQL Server Agent, Jobs, look at the JobActivity Monitor and see when the last time jobs ran, or if any are unsuccessful - investigate the cause.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 4:43 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I checked SQL server agent and it was not running.

I started it and we will see.

This is a DPM2007 that i upgrade to 2010. So in the meantime there are two databases 2007 and 2010. I kept the 2007 in case that i need to roll down to the 2007.

Do you recommend to uninstall SQL 2007?

Thanks,

LA

Monday, August 16, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I ran consistency check and when it finished it said that its from the 11 Aug which it should say its from 16.

When i checked recovery to see what dates i can read back the data. It said 11 Aug also.

Any suggestions?

Monday, August 16, 2010 6:27 AM
  • Another thing.

I wanted to check the job history from management studio. I couldnt find any database to connect to (both SQL2005 and 2010)?

Monday, August 16, 2010 7:08 AM
  • You can safely un-install SQL Server 2005.  Is this local or remote SQL for DPM DB ?.  (If you click the i icon to the right of the management tab it will show you the SQLServer\instance name used for the DPMDB.   You need to connect to that to view the Sql Server jobs.

FYI - A consistency check job does not make a recovery point, you would need to make a recovery point manually if you want to see it under the recovery tab.

Lets see if starting the SQl agent resolved your scheduled jobs issue.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:24 AM
  • I uninstalled SQL 2005.

The database is installed localy but when i try to browse Local Servers from Management Studio i can not see the database.

I ran manually recovery point and the date is perfect now.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:38 AM