Multiple level navigation in global menu RRS feed

• Question

• I have set StaticDisplayLevels="1" and MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="3" in the master page. But I only see 1 dynamic display level. Please advice how to set a multiple level navigation in the global menu for SharePoint 2010. Many thanks. 
    Monday, June 13, 2011 6:40 PM

Answers

• I solve my own problem by removed the StartingNodeUrl="sid:1002" line and changed ShowStartingNode="true".

• Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:56 PM

All replies

• I think your problem is that you are still using the SharePoint built in menu and it only allows one level (below headings) that I know of. You are going to have to use an asp menu configured (in an xml file for example) if you want to fly outs.
    Hope that helps,
    SharePointNinja
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:40 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I found out that after I posted my question. I need your help on the menu configuration file. Here is my test xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <siteMap>
      <siteMapNode title="" url="">
        <siteMapNode title="Demo Global Nav Home" url="/SitePages/Home.aspx">    
           <siteMapNode title="Business 1" url="/Lists/Products/AllItems.aspx"/>
           <siteMapNode title="Business 2" url="/Lists/Tasks/AllItems.aspx"/>
        </siteMapNode>
      </siteMapNode>
    </siteMap>

I got this error. Would you please let me know what is wrong with above configuration or you can provide me a sample file. Thank you again.

Could not find the sitemap node with URL 'sid:1002'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL 'sid:1002'.

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:55 PM
  • I solve my own problem by removed the StartingNodeUrl="sid:1002" line and changed ShowStartingNode="true".

• Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:56 PM