Loading layers - two separate worksheet

Question

• Can you load two separate worksheets of data ? The add layer function seems only to duplicate the existing layer. I have a file with the location of offenders and wish to show that as a heat layer and then overlay a separate file of offenders crimes by date and show the timeline animation superimposed on the heat map of the location of offenders.

Dave Hashdi

Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

• Power Map operates on the Excel workbook's xVelocity data model and that data model can also be manipulated using the Power Pivot tool. You can use Power Pivot to import data into your workbook's data model from another workbook (Excel file) or from almost any other data source that you can imagine.

I hope this helps!

Blair Neumann (MSFT)

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:21 PM
    Owner
  • To expand on what Blair said, assuming that the data from the other worksheet is in the same book, it is as simple as selecting the data on the other sheet, and clicking Insert --> Map --> Add selected data to data model.

Regards,
    Anita

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:13 PM

All replies

• Power Map operates on the Excel workbook's xVelocity data model and that data model can also be manipulated using the Power Pivot tool. You can use Power Pivot to import data into your workbook's data model from another workbook (Excel file) or from almost any other data source that you can imagine.

I hope this helps!

Blair Neumann (MSFT)

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:21 PM
    Owner
  • To expand on what Blair said, assuming that the data from the other worksheet is in the same book, it is as simple as selecting the data on the other sheet, and clicking Insert --> Map --> Add selected data to data model.

Regards,
    Anita

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:13 PM