Update problem from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Insider Preview. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I updated Windows 10 Techincal Preview to i assume Insider Preview from windows update. Update did gone fine i think, there were no errors or anything, but after going to desktop, start menu or display settings does not open or work. If i try open display settings it says something like: ms-settings://display/ There is no software attached to run this task. Please the install software.

Before updating, everything was working. Im using that install on vmware workstation 10.

Hostmachine has Core I7-2720QM and 8GB of ram.

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:29 AM

Answers

• ShadowsThe1,

If this is the first time you login the system after the upgrade, then please restart the system and then check the symptom again.

The current build is Windows 10 build 10130 and Microsoft has release the related ISO, we may consider to download the ISO and do the upgrade.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Please you tell us the Build No (e.g. from 10074 to 10130),
    and inform ther further detail correctly as possible as you can. (e.g. what you did, what was the message)
    Regards, 
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:41 AM
  • ShadowsThe1,

If this is the first time you login the system after the upgrade, then please restart the system and then check the symptom again.

The current build is Windows 10 build 10130 and Microsoft has release the related ISO, we may consider to download the ISO and do the upgrade.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:57 AM