none
how to remove manually added resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Project Plan where i have directly added resources, now we are moving our project to project online where i have added resources from Enterprise Resource. Now in my PM also getting resources name which were added manually.

Is there any way to remove manually added resources.

Thanks.

iffi

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• To remove "local Resources" - resources that do not reside in the Enterprise Resource Pool you could consider simply deleting them from the Resource Sheet.

If you wish to replace "local resources" with named Enterprise Resources I would suggest using either the Build Team from Enterprise Dialog Box (CTRL+T) where you can replace a local resource with an Enterprise Resource (the benefit of this approach is that if you have a resource assigned to multiple tasks replacing them using this dialog box is a single transaction, for example replace Bob (local resource working on 12 tasks) with Sam (Enterprise Resource) is a single action and on each of the 12 tasks Sam is now the resource in place of Bob.

Alternatively you can use the Assign Resource dialog box (ALT+F10)to replace resources on a task by task basis.

If you have recorded any progress on tasks you may encounter issues in trying to replace resources on tasks where "Actual Work" has been recorded. This can be even more of a problem if you happen to be using "Protected Actuals".

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

• Proposed as answer by Dominic Moss Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:55 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:00 PM